Judo techniques are divided into two groups:
1. THROWING TECHNIQUES (NAGE WAZA).
-Hands: -Hips : -Legs:
2. GRAPPLING TECHNIQUES (KATAME WAZA).
-Pinning: -Strangling: -Joint lock:
(Osaekomi waza) (Shime waza) (Kansetsu waza)
You can find all judo techniques in www.judo-ch.jp , with very good explanations and drawings.
Judo scoring system:
Judo has three grades of score:
→ Ippon: a complete point. With it, you win the combat.
→ Waza-ari: is a half-point. You win a combat with two of this.
→ Yuko: is a lower grade of score,and only count as a tie-breaker.
But how to win?
You can win a combat in many ways. The most usual three are:
1. If the judges give you an ippon (a perfect technique, a hold of 25 seconds to your oponent, or a choke or joint lock that makes your opponent surrender)
2. With the higher score. But no matter how many Yukos you have, if your opponent has a Waza-ari, he wins. (Waza-aris are more valuable.)
3. If your opponent is disqualified. Image: www.judo-ch.jp