1. What is the difference between a mountain race and a cross country race?
2. Name three of the athletics throwings
3. Say two different English verbs meaning "jump":
4. How long is an indoor athletics track? And an outdoor one?
5. Match each event with its type:
|50km Racewalking||MIDDLE DISTANCE|
The _______ is a heavy metal _____ attached to a ______and a ______. It weighs 7,257kg for men, 4kg for women. Competitors swing the _________ above their head to make the ______ gain ________. Then they apply force and gain more ______ by doing one to four turns in the circle before releasing the _______.
Multiple events are held over two consecutive days and the ________ are determined by the combined performance in all ________.
Performance is judged on a _______system in each event. Every event has a score table for all possible results.
The winner is the one whose combined scores are the _______.
The event in which competitors must _______ over a horizontal _______ placed at measured heights without the aid of any devices is called: ________ .
The triple jump (also called _____, ______ and ______) is similar to the long jump, but involving a “____, ______and ______” routine,. The competitor runs along the track and must do a ______, a ______ and then a _______into the ______ pit.