2. Find a way from start to finish. You can pass a square only if the word in it is in the Rope Skipping class notes. You can only move horizontally ←→ or vertically ↑↓.
3. Complete the following sentences:
a) As before any exercise, do a proper ________to prepare your body. You must pay special attention to ________your calves, quadriceps, hamstrings and deltoids.
b) You must try not to do ______ jumps. The _______ you jump, the quicker you get tired. A height of three fingers above the ______ is the ideal height.
c) In rope skipping competitions, athletes ___________ in individual and team ___________ using single ropes or double-Dutch.
d) Jumping _____ helps strengthen your legs and also your arms and shoulders. This combination of an aerobic workout and ___________ makes rope jumping a popular form of exercise for athletes, especially boxers, wrestlers and basketball players.
e) The criss-cross is similar to the basic _____ with the only difference being that while_________, the left hand goes to the _______ part of the body and vice versa for the ______hand, so that you _____ the rope in front of you.
f) To do a direction change, you start jumping forwards, and in a given moment, instead of _________the rope under your feet, you swing it to one of your sides. You must then _______ with the rope to that side and raise it. When it is on top of your ______, you swing it backwards and you are jumping backwards: you have completed a direction change!
4. Name five of the individual jumps we pratise in class:
5. When you jump a long rope, when must you enter it?
6. In our classes we jump in three different ways. Explain them using the words in green:
Individual: swings, person, own, rope:___________________________________________
Pairs: partner, jumps, person, rope, enters, him:__________________________________________
Long Rope: rest of the class, individually, groups, people:____________________________________________________